CommonCentsMom.com is advertiser-supported: we may earn compensation from the products and offers mentioned in this article. However, any expressed opinions are our own and aren't influenced by compensation. The contents of the CommonCentsMom.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional financial or legal advice. Always seek the advice of your Financial Advisor, CPA and Lawyer with any questions you may have regarding your situation. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!
A wedding is a special ceremony celebrated by two people, usually a man and a woman, in the presence of family and friends. Common Traditions Weddings are a part of many cultures throughout the world.
In many cases, traditions that relate to weddings vary depending on where they take place. However, there are certain common wedding traditions that can be found in many cultures which makes them unique and mesmerizing.
If you were to ask someone, they would most likely tell you that a wedding is when a man and a woman get married. And if they say that, you would be right in assuming that a wedding is a religious ceremony. But a wedding is more than just the act of marriage. It’s more than just that simple.
The Definition of a Wedding
If you were to ask someone what they would say a wedding is, they would most likely tell you that it’s when the groom and the bride go to the church, where there will be all of their family and friends, and where the minister will marry them. That’s what most people think a wedding is, but there are other aspects of it as well.
A wedding is also when the bride and groom are adorned in special clothing. They are dressed up in their finest attire, which will be complemented by their loved ones. They will be dressed up like royalty because they are royalty to everyone in attendance on their special day. A bride or groom can even have her or his own personal maid or matron of honor or best man who helps dress them up on their big day.
A wedding is also when the couple’s first kiss takes place, as well as where many other important moments take place like photos with family and friends being taken before the ceremony takes place and after the ceremony has been performed at some point.
A wedding is also when the bride and groom are escorted to their own special room after the ceremony where they will change into their wedding attire. Then they will be seated at a table where all of their family and friends are seated.
Some things that you can consider for having a cheap wedding
- Plan early. There’s no need to spend a fortune on a wedding at the last minute, so start planning now. Ask your friends and family if they can help you plan it out. Be realistic about what you can afford, and try to cut costs where possible.
- Consider having the wedding on the beach or by a lake. It’s very romantic and the scenery is beautiful. And if you get married on the beach, don’t forget to rent your surfboard!
- You could also consider renting chairs and tables from a local restaurant or banquet hall instead of buying new ones for your reception venue. You can save some money this way as well as not having to worry about storing chairs and tables for days afterwards! (Just be sure to tell them ahead of time that you are only going to use half of the table and chairs.)
- Try not to overbook your venue. If you are getting married at a restaurant, for example, it may be difficult to get everyone to fit in the space, so don’t book it for an event that is too large. If you have friends and family who can’t make it, consider having a smaller reception elsewhere. You could also try having the wedding on a weekend so that you can invite more people or use more of your reception venue.
- Plan early to get good deals. Many local restaurants will offer discounts if you book in advance and they will usually take requests for what you want on the menu and make it available to you ahead of time too. Look online at the various places that offer wedding packages and specials too.
- Invitations are one of the most expensive parts of any wedding and they are also the first thing guests will see when they arrive at the venue. To make them cheap, all you need to do is make them yourself. A printer can cost less than $20 and most printers can print on paper with envelopes included. They only need to be mailed out after the wedding, so there is no need to purchase expensive stationary or even invite envelopes. The hardest part about this tip is coming up with ideas for invitations, but luckily there are plenty of websites online that can help with that.
- When planning a wedding many people forget that they have to serve finger food, but it is important to remember this part of the wedding. You can save money by making your own finger food rather than buying them from the supermarket or catering company! All you need to do is make some finger foods that everyone loves and your guests will be able to eat them with their hands, which will save money and cut down on tablecloths and cutlery too. This way you can save even more money by skipping out on serving dinner altogether.
- When it comes to your wedding guests will want everything new and that means that they will expect you to buy everything new too. Instead of buying everything new try to reuse as much as possible by reusing or buying second hand items. It is important that the decorations in your venue look nice and unique, so try looking for items that aren’t sold in stores but only in antique stores! If this isn’t an option then at least try looking at second hand stores like charity shops or thrift stores. This way you can get some great items that are in great condition at a fraction of the cost.
As you can see there are a lot of ways that you can save money when it comes to your wedding and the easiest way to do this is to simply plan ahead. Take your time and think about everything that you want and how much you will need for it. Think about what will be the best option for your budget and use these tips to help you save money on your wedding.