CommonCentsMom.com is advertiser-supported: we may earn compensation from the products and offers mentioned in this article. However, any expressed opinions are our own and aren't influenced by compensation. The contents of the CommonCentsMom.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional financial or legal advice. Always seek the advice of your Financial Advisor, CPA and Lawyer with any questions you may have regarding your situation. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!
What are some tips for getting batches on Instacart?
As a shopper for Instacart, getting batches on Instacart is a must. The chances of getting new batches on Instacart are highly dependent on the efforts you put in. There are many tips that you can follow to get new batches of shoppers on Instacart.
- Wait near popular stores. By waiting near stores that are well-known and sought after, you will have a higher chance of getting shoppers. The shoppers that are looking for items nearby are the ones that you can get.
- Work in busy areas. If you work in a busy area, you will have a higher chance of getting shoppers. Since the people that work in busy areas are usually the ones that shop at these places, they will get on Instacart to shop for their items. If you’re waiting in areas with few customers and lots of drivers, chances are you’ll get stuck on the waitlist instead of getting a steady stream of orders.
- Choose your batches carefully. To get the best batches on Instacart, you need to choose them carefully. Pick orders that are for stores near you or that have lots of items to get as much money as you can.
- Pick up double batch orders. To get the best batches on Instacart, you need to choose them carefully. Pick orders that are for stores near you or that have lots of items to get as much money as you can.
- Work during peak hours. There are some hours of the day that are best for getting new batches on Instacart because they have the highest number of orders. You can choose to work during these hours to get a higher chance of getting orders.
How do you maximize money from Instacart?
To maximize money from Instacart, you need to make sure that you are making the most out of each delivery. You can do this by taking care of your customers' needs, as well as being strategic on the other extra money that you can get from your orders.
- Use a receipt rewards app. You can use these apps to track your receipts and then take pictures of them for proof. They can give you bonus points for buying items from stores, which can then be turned into either gift cards or cash.
- Look for Peak Pay rewards. Peak Pay is a feature from Instacart where you can get extra money for each delivery completed during peak hours. You can get up to $5 for each delivery, which is great if you do this regularly!
- Get customer tips. These are tips that you can get from customers for giving them the best shopping experience. If you have good customer service, they will be more likely to give you a large tip at the end of the order.
- Build up your customer rating. If you get good customer service, you can ask your customers to rate you and then you can use that to get more batches. Customers are usually more likely to give you a good rating if they have a good experience with you.
- Stick to scheduled shifts. If you know that you're going to be working for a long time, you should set your own schedule for when you can pick up orders and stick to it. This will be much more useful for you in the long run rather than only picking orders when you feel in the mood.
How do you prepare for an Instacart shift?
To be ready for an Instacart shift, you need to make sure that you have everything that you need for the shift. You should always have your order and money with you, as well as your phone.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged. You need to make sure that your phone is fully charged before you start working. This is because it will run out of battery at some point, and you won't be able to get new orders.
- Install a mileage tracking app. You can use a mileage tracking app to keep track of how much you've traveled. This will help you get paid for mileage that you've already traveled, figure out your usual cost of operations, as well as take this into your tax considerations.
- Have insulated food bags at the ready. You should always have insulated food bags at the ready to keep your customer's food and drinks cool during the long days of waiting. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness and may give you more tips in return!
- Buy a portable grocery cart. You can buy a portable grocery cart to use during your shifts. This will make it easier for you to get around, especially if you're getting a particularly large order. It also helps avoid damaging the customers' items.
- Bring your shopper card! For purchases that you make online, your debit card is used to pay for food. You don't have to spend your own money to buy groceries and then wait to get a reimbursement for that. This card has already been pre-authorized and is monitored, so only use it when you're actually delivering the goods!
What times are best to work for Instacart?
There are many times of the day that are best for getting new batches on Instacart. You can choose to work during these hours to get a higher chance of getting orders.
- Morning and brush hours. The morning and brunch hours are usually the most busy hours for shoppers, so this is when you can get more new batches on Instacart.
- Afternoon rush hour. Afternoon rush hour is also some of the busiest time for shoppers, since they may want to buy something for dinner. This will be especially useful if you work in a busy area!
- Weekends and holidays. There are some days that are better than others for getting new batches on Instacart, but there's no doubt that working on weekends and holidays will increase your chances of getting more orders!
- Peak Pay rewards hours. As mentioned before, Peak Pay is a feature from Instacart where you can get extra money for each delivery completed during peak hours.
- When your customers want it. There are some times when your customers want it and will pay more than usual for an item or store visit. This is when it's best to work as an Instacart shopper!