CommonCentsMom.com is advertiser-supported: we may earn compensation from the products and offers mentioned in this article. However, any expressed opinions are our own and aren't influenced by compensation. The contents of the CommonCentsMom.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional financial or legal advice. Always seek the advice of your Financial Advisor, CPA and Lawyer with any questions you may have regarding your situation. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!
Is your food budget extra tight this month? Do you need to eat but you left your wallet at home? Lucky for you, many popular restaurants offer free food just for downloading their app or signing up to their email newsletter. Not sure where to start? Find a restaurant close to you and see if it matches up with one of the ones below.
Note that these restaurants change their deals regularly, so they may change the rewards that go along with their offers. Be sure to check out each offer for yourself before you try to claim your free food.
America’s Guiltiest Pleasures: Most Googled Food Coupons
- Takeout bargain hunters in the US most search for DoorDash coupons
- Papa John’s is the single most searched for restaurant for discounts
- Every second “guiltiest pleasure” in America is a pizza
DoorDash has the most sought-after food delivery coupons in America, a new study has found. It is followed by Papa Johns, Uber Eats and Pizza Hut. Five of the top 10 food spots American residents seek discounts for have pizza as their specialty.
Our study analyzed the number of average monthly Google searches over the past year for coupons for food delivery services in the US. It has found that DoorDash leads among mixed food delivery services, with an average of 591,000 searches per month. Meanwhile, Papa John’s is the single most popular takeout brand that US residents seek coupons for, averaging to 441,000 hits every month.
Discount hunters in America also look to strike a bargain at Subway, which receives 200,000 coupon and promo code-related searches each month, Grubhub on 108,000 average monthly searches, and Chuck E. Cheese (99,000 searches every month). Three more honorable mentions entering the top 10 most Googled food delivery coupons in the US include Burger King (76,000 average monthly searches), Little Caesars (68,000) and Domino’s (66,000).
Free Food Offers For 2023
NOTE: The offers in this list all act differently. Some provide food instantly for signing up to their email list, rewards program, or for downloading their app. These restaurants don’t require any additional purchase to get free food. Some restaurants will only give free food when you purchase another item. Whichever the requirement, I think we can all agree that free food is always gooooood!
- 711: Downloading the app gets you 800 free rewards points. Redeem these for a donut; a fudge brownie; a medium slurpee, chillers iced coffee, or regular coffee; a Big Gulp; a taquito; and more (or save them and redeem them for something bigger, later, when you’ve earned more points). If you need a quick snack and you don’t have money on you, this could be a lifesaver.
- Acapulco: Simply sign up to their email list and you’ll get a free appetizer when you buy an adulte entree.
- Andy’s Frozen Custard: Get a free ice cream cone for signing up and registering your rewards card.
- Applebee’s: Same deal as Acapulco at Applebees. Sign up to their email newsletter and get a free appetizer when you order an entree.
- Arby’s: All you need to do is sign up to their email newsletter and you’ll get a free fries and drink when you purchase any signature sandwich during your visit.
- Auntie Anne’s: Install the Auntie Anne’s mobile app and you’ll get a free pretzel when you make your first purchase.
- Baja Fresh: Getting this app means that you get a free taco, as well as other discounts throughout the year. Signup at least four days before your birthday, and you’ll get a special treat then, too. If you love Mexican food, you can save hundreds of dollars with this app each year.
- Bahama Breeze: Sign up to the Bahama Breeze eClub and you’ll get a free appetizer plus special members offers like a gift when you visit on your birthday.
- Baskin Robbins: Craving ice cream? Download the Baskin Robbins app and either register for a new account or login to an old one. Then you’ll be rewarded with a code for a free scoop! You’ll also get discounts throughout the year, and you’ll be the first to know anytime they release new flavors or something interesting happens.
- Backyard Burgers: You’ll get a free Backyard Classic Burger just for signing up to their members Clubhouse.
- Black Angus: Get a free dessert and even a free steak dinner on your birthday just for signing up.
- BJ’s: The BJ’s app will reward you with a free mini pizookie after you download it and create your account. Not sure what a pizookie is? It’s only a gooey cookie baked in its own mini iron skillet, topped with ice cream. You can also get 20% off lunch every time you use mobile pay, order ahead, and cut down your wait time by registering for a spot via the app. They’ll send you special discounts, too.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Join Blazin’ Rewards! Blazin’s Rewards program allows you to earn points every time you eat at a restaurant. When you cash in your points, you will get sweet rewards, like free food. On your birthday, you will also receive a free order of wings.
- Burger King: This app advertises saving up to $30 just for a download. However, it looks like the free food comes in the form of a Buy-One-Get-One-Free (BOGO) Whopper. Still, this is not a bad way to get food if you need a couple of cheap meals or you want to treat a friend. You can always use the other coupons and discounts later.
- Bojangles’: Sign up to their eClub and you’ll get a free iced team when you make your first purchase. Plus, you’ll also get a free Bo-Berry Biscuit when you visit on your birthday.
- Buca di Beppo: Join their eClub and you’ll get an entire free pasta.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Sign up to their CPK Dough Rewards Program and you’ll get a free small plate and a free dessert on your birthday.
- Captain D’s: Simply sign up to their email newsletter and get a free appetizer of dessert.
- Caribou Coffee: Sign up to their Perks Program and they’ll give you a free medium coffee (or any beverage) when you make your first visit.
- Carvel: A few Carvel locations will offer you a 2 for 1 sunday coupon when you sign up.
- Checkers: Sign up to their email list and get a free large fries when you make any purchase.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen: Join their eClub and you’ll be rewarded with free chips and queso.
- Chevys Fresh Mex: Get an appetizer on the house when you purchase an adult entrée.
- Chick-Fil-A: While this app doesn’t necessarily give you free food right away, you should keep it around and check it often. Company-wide free deals show up regularly, and your local stores can offer free food via the app, too. The only way to get these deals, most of the time, is to have the app and keep it active on your phone. You can also locate restaurants, order your food, and pay online via the app.
- Chili’s: Download the Chili’s app, sign up for their rewards program, and you’ll earn yourself free chips and salsa for your next visit. The app will also give you 60 rewards points, which is enough to cover the cost of some of the items on the menu. You can also use the app to submit ToGo orders, reserve a place in line, and find nearby locations. You’ll also get a free dessert when you visit on your birthday.
- Chipotle: Sign up for their rewards program and you’ll get a free chips and guacamole.
- Chronic Tacos: Get the app and verify your account, and they’ll give you 50 free rewards points. Use these for two orders of churro bites or one free taco. Continue to earn rewards points and you can get more free food, free Chronic apparel, and even a special package reserved for their biggest fans!
- Corner Bakery: Join their eClub and they’ll give you a free bakery treat.
- Culvers: Register an account with them and you’ll get a 2 for 1 coupon.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: You’ll get a bunch of different perks with the Dunkin Donuts rewards program, including a free drink when you visit on your birthday.
- Earl of Sandwich: Join the Earl of Sandwich rewards program and you’ll get $5 off your next purchase.
- Einstein Bros Bagels: Another birthday freebie. You’ll get a free bagel and shmear when you sign up. Plus, visit on your birthday and you’ll get a free egg sandwich with any purchase.
- Firehouse Subs: Get a free large drink when you order any sub simply for joining their newsletter.
- Hardee’s: Join their email list and they’ll give you a free small fries and drink when you order any of their 1/3 Thickburgers.
- IHOP: Join the MyHop rewards program and you’ll get free pancakes when you visit on your birthday, plus your signup anniversary date.
- Jamba Juice: Get the Jamba Juice app and verify your account, and you’ll get $3 credited towards your next order. This is enough for a free pastry, or scrounge in your car for 19 cents and get a child’s smoothie. You also used the app to order ahead so you don’t have to stand in line.
- Jimmy John’s: Join their rewards program and you’ll get a free 8″ sub when you make your first purchase.
- Joe’s Crab Shack: Joe’s Crab Shack will give you a free appetizer when you sign up to their members rewards program.
- Johnny Rockets: Johnny Rockets offers one of the best free food offers in this list. You’ll get a free burger when you sign up their email newsletter.
- Krispy Kreme: Love doughnuts? Get a free glazed one when you download the Krispy Kreme app. You’ll also get a free doughnut on your birthday, and you’ll be able to earn everything from free beverages to free boxes of doughnuts. If you always head to Krispy Kreme when it’s your turn to provide your team with breakfast, this is the app for you.
- Longhorn Steakhouse: Join the Longhorn Steakhouse newsletter and they’ll give you a free appetizer when you order an adult entree.
- Marble Slab/Maggie Moo’s: Love those ice cream concoctions mixed on a slab? Download the SlabHappy Rewards app and you’ll get free ice cream immediately. If you go in a lot, keep the app to look up locations, earn rewards, and get a special discount on your birthday. This is a must-have app for all gourmet ice cream fans out there who love free ice cream.
- McDonald’s: Get the McDonald’s app and get access to all sorts of deals. Some of the deals change daily, while others are only available for a limited time. Some focus on discounted food, while others are BOGO offers and even others give you access to exclusive free offers. Fridays, for instance, often feature a free medium fry with any order. You can also order ahead and participate in their McCafe rewards program via the app.
- Mimi’s Cafe: Sign up to their rewards program and you can get a free treat when you visit on your birthday.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Sign up to their rewards program and you’ll get a free order of queso. Plus, visit on your birthday for a free burrito.
- O’Charley’s: Sign up to their O’Club and they’ll give you a free appetizer.
- Olive Garden: You’ll get a free appetizer or dessert when you sign up and order two adult entrees.
- On The Border: This restaurant will give you a free queso or sopapillas for joining their Club Cantina.
- Panera Bread: Panera’s app is a bit hit and miss as far as free food goes, but when they do choose to give it, they often go big. They are known for having offered those with the app one free bagel a day for a month or one free coffee a day for a month. You may have to wait for these deals to roll around, but it will be worth having the app on your phone when they do show up.
- Papa Gino’s: Join Papa Gino’s rewards program and receive a free 10″ small cheese pizza.
- Pizza Inn: Simply sign up to their email rewards program and they’ll give you a a free chocolate chip Pizzert and a free dessert on your birthday.
- Quizno’s: Need a free sub sandwich for later or for a friend? Download the Quizno’s app and you’ll get a free 4” sub with any purchase. This is perfect if you want to buy lunch and dinner at once, or if your friend forgot his money and you want to treat him today. This app will also let you submit your order ahead of time so you don’t have to wait once you get to the restaurant.
- Raising Cane: Sign up to the Caniac Club and get a free box combo.
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill: Sign up and they’ll give you a free taco.
- Ruby Tuesday: This family favorite restaurant will give you a free appetizer (value of up to $10) when you order any adult entree. Visit on your birthday, and they’ll also give you a free burger or salad bar.
- Schlotzsky’s: Love deli food? Get the Schlotzsky’s app and you’ll automatically get a free small, classic sandwich. If you go there a lot, you’ll love getting $7 off your order every 7th visit. Additionally, you can order ahead of time and get app-exclusive offers.
- Sizzler: Get a free entrée when you sign up to their rewards program.
- Sonic: Do you love yourself some cherry limeade? Download Sonic’s app and you can get a free medium slush (or a drink, if you don’t like slushes). The app will also allow you to pay, earn rewards, find nearby locations, and send and receive gift cards.
- Steak ‘n Shake: If milkshakes are your thing, Steak ‘n Shake’s app could be for you. Order via the app, and you’ll get a free small milkshake with your first purchase. Additionally, you’ll earn $5 worth of free food for every $50 you spend through the app. They aim to make the process as simple and as smooth as possible when using their app.
- Taco Cabana: Download the Taco Cabana app and you’ll get a free quesadilla when you make your first purchase.
- TGIFriday’s: Downloading this app and setting up an account will get you a coupon for a free app or a dessert. Note that the coupon may not show up on the app. It will, however, come to your email address within a few minutes of signing up via the app. Apparently, you have to have the app to get the coupon, even though you won’t see it there. You can redeem the coupon straight from your email, so it shouldn’t present a problem even if you’re hungry right now. Keep the app to earn points every time you eat at TGIFriday’s so you can get even more free food.
- Tilted Kilt: Get a free pub pretzel plus a free burger on your birthday when you sign up to their rewards program.
- Wendy’s: Download this app and you’ll see coupons and BOGO offers as soon as it’s all set up. The specific offers change regularly, and many of them are exclusive to the app. You can also order and customize your order via the app, pay through it, and find locations with the amenities you need and use the most.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: If you love you some pretzels, this is the app for you. Get a free pretzel when you download the app and another one on your birthday. In between, you can earn points for free pretzels, too. You’ll get one free pretzel for every six that you pay for. In addition, the app will offer special deals and rewards that you’ll only have access to if you keep it around.
- Which Wich: Sign up to the Which Wich rewards program and you’ll get a free drink immediately, plus a free Wich when you visit on your birthday.
- Wild Wing Cafe: Sign up to their loyalty club and you’ll get a free appetizer.
- Wingstop: Join their rewards club and you’ll get a free order of fries.
- Yogurtland: Simply register for a Real Rewards account, and you’ll immediately get a free 3-oz frozen yogurt.
- Zaxby’s: Get a free sandwich meal when you sign up to their Zax Club rewards program.
How to Use Voucher Barcode to Get Free Meal
If you join the reward program or have a membership in your favorite restaurant, chances are you own some vouchers and gift cards! Vouchers are great to use when dining out because they allow you to receive a discount on your meal, while at the same time getting points for your loyalty program.
These vouchers and gift cards usually use barcode scanning technology, which is an easy way to redeem the gift card value.
This guide will show you how to use your smartphone or tablet to scan a barcode and receive your free meal. It’s not rocket science!
The steps are simple:
- Download the app on your phone or tablet
- Download the barcode (usually attached to a card)
- Find a restaurant in your area that offers the same promotion
- Use the app to scan the barcode
- Get free food!
How to Make Sure You Don’t Each Too Much
You own vouchers for your favorite restaurant. You also use food apps that give you free food from time to time. Now, how to make sure that you don’t eat too much and stay healthy?
It is important to make sure that you are taking in enough calories, but also getting enough nutrients. We will discuss ways to make sure that you don’t eat too much and stay healthy.
Use calorie counter apps
If you have a smartphone, there are many calorie counter apps that can help you make sure that you don’t eat too much. You should try to find one that fits your lifestyle.
The amount of calories in each food varies depending on its nutritional value. You need to know how many calories are in each food so that you can make sure that you are not over-eating. There are also some food apps that give out an approximate number of calories in a certain food or meal, so you don’t have to do the math yourself.
Start a food diary
One of the best ways to make sure that you don’t eat too much is to write down everything that you eat and drink. You can do this by hand or with an app.
A food diary is a list of everything that you eat, in addition to the number of calories and nutritional value. You should also write down any foods that make you feel sick or make you feel sick after eating them. This can be helpful if it happens again (like if it happened before).
Some people prefer keeping a food diary on paper, while others prefer using an app. If you choose to use an app, make sure that it has a variety of foods and is easy to use.
With this list of free food offers on hand, you’ll never starve again. Whether you lost your wallet, left your cash in your other jacket, or just don’t want to spend too much right now, these offers will help you get food for free.